Notifications
Clear all

What are you looking forward to the most in Week Nine?

11 Posts
5 Users
1 Likes
(@kendall-rogers)
Topic starter

Let's hear it ....

For me, I'll be at Vandy-A&M at least Saturday and potentially Sunday. But I'm really curious to see how LSU looks this weekend against Tennessee in a must-win series. UCF-WVU is also front of mind for me -- very curious to see if WVU continues to trend upward with Wetherholt back in tow. 

Posted : 11/04/2024 5:07 pm
 Jim
(@Jim)

Three really good matchups.  I'll be watching them all.

Extra interested in the LSU/UT game.  That rivalry has really heated up in the last several years.  Tigers desperately need a win but that's going to be a tough place to get it.  I expect the environment to be as electric as anywhere in college baseball this weekend.

Posted : 12/04/2024 10:50 am
(@jwoods2551)

After playing an extremely home heavy schedule the first 30 games, I want to see the hogs play well on the road against a Bama team that really really needs to win this series.  I vividly remember our 2022 CWS team getting swept there 2 years ago.  

Posted : 12/04/2024 11:30 am
(@Anonymous)

If UF can stay above .500.

Posted : 12/04/2024 11:50 am
(@Science Guy)

I'll be interested to see how Nebraska responds on the road against a good Rutgers team that is off to a bad start in conference play. 10 days ago I'd have said that NU was a lock to be a regional host. 2-3 since then and the pitching got shelled the last 2 games against Ohio State and Kansas. Rutgers will be desperate for some wins and they have the conference leading hitter in Kuroda-Grauer. Nebraska needs to figure out it's Sunday and week day pitching ASAP otherwise they won't be hosting a regional IMO. Big road series for them this weekend.

Posted : 12/04/2024 11:59 am
 k9
(@k9_r)

I'll be interested to see how Nebraska responds on the road against a good Rutgers team that is off to a bad start in conference play. 10 days ago I'd have said that NU was a lock to be a regional host. 2-3 since then and the pitching got shelled the last 2 games against Ohio State and Kansas. Rutgers will be desperate for some wins and they have the conference leading hitter in Kuroda-Grauer. Nebraska needs to figure out it's Sunday and week day pitching ASAP otherwise they won't be hosting a regional IMO. Big road series for them this weekend.

We got us a pitcher's duel in Piscataway today. Husker's Brett Sears vs Rutgers Justin Sinibaldi.

Sears is going for his 8th quality start in a row after last week's two hit complete game shutout. Sinibaldi has a complete game shutout himself and six quality starts out of 8 games.

Together these two have pitched 109 innings this year - 16 BB and 104 Ks with opposing batters hitting just .174 off them. In all those innings these guys have thrown only four wild pitches and plunked just four batters.

This should be a good one.

Posted : 12/04/2024 2:09 pm
(@nlgopher)

Kendall do you have any candidates in mind that would be good fits for Minnesota? Marc Rardin and Dan Fitzgerald were two that I’ve had my eye on for a few years with Rardin’s success at Iowa Western and Fitzgerald a MN native but not sure you’re getting him to leave Kansas now.

Posted : 13/04/2024 9:25 pm
(@kendall-rogers)
Topic starter

@nlgopher Those are two excellent names. It's hard to ignore what Marc is doing, and Fitz would be an excellent candidate. I also think Fitz is someone who would at least entertain that job, but I'm not sure I'm even leaving Kansas to go to the Big Ten right now. The other name front of mind for me if you could get it done is Jordan Bischel, but again, why would he leave the Big 12 for the B1G? 

The good news is Minny has some natural tie-ins. 

Posted : 14/04/2024 10:15 am
NLGOPHER reacted
(@Science Guy)

Posted by: @k9_r

We got us a pitcher's duel in Piscataway today. Husker's Brett Sears vs Rutgers Justin Sinibaldi.

Sears is going for his 8th quality start in a row after last week's two hit complete game shutout. Sinibaldi has a complete game shutout himself and six quality starts out of 8 games.

Together these two have pitched 109 innings this year - 16 BB and 104 Ks with opposing batters hitting just .174 off them. In all those innings these guys have thrown only four wild pitches and plunked just four batters.

That went over like a lead balloon. Huskers +12 run differential on the weekend and drop the series. The only trustworthy pitchers at this point are Sears, McConaughey and Worthley. The pitching depth is a major concern. Also Kuroda-Grauer is a machine, props to him.

Posted : 15/04/2024 12:12 am
 Mike
(@Mike)

UF finally dropping out of the top 25 as they should

Posted : 15/04/2024 9:43 am
 k9
(@k9_r)

Posted by: @k9_r

That went over like a lead balloon. Huskers +12 run differential on the weekend and drop the series. The only trustworthy pitchers at this point are Sears, McConaughey and Worthley. The pitching depth is a major concern. Also Kuroda-Grauer is a machine, props to him.

Rutgers has been in a steep slump at the plate lately and I expected that they would bounce back strongly sooner or later. Well they certainly did that in this Nebraska series. 

And just as Rutgers found their mojo again Nebraska comes to town with a slide of their own just beginning. Huskers went 2-2 last week and now 1-3 this week. I think this outcome in Piscataway was predestined, lol.

So the Huskers are coming back to an eight game home stretch facing Maryland/Iowa with Creighton and Kansas salted in there. Would be a good time for Nebraska to get their own mojo back.

Posted : 15/04/2024 10:14 am

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: