Notifications
Clear all

Rankings

6 Posts
5 Users
1 Likes
(@Steve)
Topic starter

Arkansas is #1 (27 -3) and Clemson is #2 (28 - 3) so basically the same records.  Arkansas has 1 - 1 record against top 25 which includes being 1 - 0 against top 10.  Clemson is 5 - 1 against top 10 (today's poll).  Just curious how that works for ranking?

Posted : 08/04/2024 10:19 pm
(@rubinrock)

Kendall clearly just hates Clemson. 

Posted : 09/04/2024 7:27 am
(@Steve)
Topic starter

@rubinrock It's not where Clemson is ranked in April.  I really want to know what part of that is considered in addition to home, away, and neutral games. 

The ultimate goal is to get to the CWS, but first host a Regional and hopefully a Super Regional.

Posted : 09/04/2024 11:16 am
(@kendall-rogers)

Arkansas is #1 (27 -3) and Clemson is #2 (28 - 3) so basically the same records.  Arkansas has 1 - 1 record against top 25 which includes being 1 - 0 against top 10.  Clemson is 5 - 1 against top 10 (today's poll).  Just curious how that works for ranking?

Great and valid question. Though that is what the RPI metrics say -- which is fine for projection purposes. I tend to really like and value what the Hogs have on the mound versus what the Tigers on the mound. It's essentially just preference -- and I prefer the team with higher level arms -- for now. 

Posted : 09/04/2024 12:45 pm
(@jwoods2551)

because the Pigs are 8-1 against the Tigers this year.  

Posted : 09/04/2024 4:21 pm
(@bradley-mcdonald)

Clemson has looked really good since the Duke series, but one can't overlook the Kennesaw State blow out. Arkansas is solid, consistent and has series sweeps against high end competition. But games are played for a reason. KY dominated AL, only allowing three runs all weekend, then allows Samford to put up nine for the win... The mid-majors are feisty! Costal is positioned correctly at #20, but the reality is, the top seven or eight teams in the Sunbelt can play with anyone on any given night. DBU moves down due to series loss to Western KY who challenges anyone to beat their pitching... One cannot doubt the performance of Louisiana, but I recently posted LA Tech is looking really good, and this will be a big week for them as they travel to AZ... Wake will correct, they are a top 10 team, but teams ranked 11-33 are tight. I am hoping to see some at-large bids for the mid-majors who have competed fiercely. 

Posted : 10/04/2024 11:34 pm
k9 reacted

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: