Notifications
Clear all

Latest D1Baseball Postseason Projections (4/24)

9 Posts
5 Users
1 Likes
(@kendall-rogers)
Topic starter

Here ya go -- thoughts?!

https://d1baseball.com/postseason/2024-d1baseball-field-of-64-projections-april-24/

Posted : 24/04/2024 3:24 pm
 k9
(@k9_r)

Wow, this Norman regional. This one is diabolical. I gotta watch the NerdCast, lol. 

Anyone can win this and I suspect it's a 5 game finale with the winner going 4-1 and the runner up 3-2. 

Who has the arms to win it???

Posted : 24/04/2024 4:18 pm
(@TarHeel408)

aTm's regional is tough for an overall #1 IMHO. 

Like that UNC draws Bama. A redux of the Chad Flack game at home would be top notch.

Posted : 24/04/2024 5:54 pm
(@jimbo11)

Kendall,  How many conference wins must the Gators have to make a Regional and looking their schedule, how many wins do you think they get to?

Jimbo11

Posted : 24/04/2024 6:27 pm
(@Cap\'n Bob)

Yarr, me matey's for me Pirates of East Carolina have ye walking the plank!! I just wanted to say that there is no way the NCAA would ever allow for that easy of a path for ECU to make Omaha. Please God let this happen

Posted : 25/04/2024 9:44 am
Chet Ritchie reacted
(@Science Guy)

Posted by: @k9_r

Wow, this Norman regional. This one is diabolical. I gotta watch the NerdCast, lol. 

Anyone can win this and I suspect it's a 5 game finale with the winner going 4-1 and the runner up 3-2. 

Unfortunately I don't think the Huskers have the arms to win that one. Right now I only trust 2 guys pitching. A revenge game against OU from early in the season could be epic though. Don't know enough about the other 2 teams but Oregon has been a solid program for a while now.

Posted : 25/04/2024 10:04 pm
 k9
(@k9_r)

Posted by: @k9_r

Unfortunately I don't think the Huskers have the arms to win that one. Right now I only trust 2 guys pitching. A revenge game against OU from early in the season could be epic though. Don't know enough about the other 2 teams but Oregon has been a solid program for a while now.

Yes, the Huskers gonna be seriously challenged to get through three games much less five games with their pitching. But I'm thinking that's true of all four teams.

What intrigues about this set up is that it's super hard to handicap it. Not just the revenge aspect of a NU/OU rematch but also, a month ago, Lamar showed up in Norman and promptly swept OU. 

Also I don't think these matchups will happen. Lamar is 31-8 right now with a 49RPI. That's a solid 3 seed.

Posted : 26/04/2024 10:50 am
Sean Miller
(@sean-miller)
Eminent Member

Oh my. Glad I'm not in the Georgia locker room right now.  Up 9-0 in the first and get run ruled? Wow  Surprised

Posted : 27/04/2024 5:40 pm
Sean Miller
(@sean-miller)
Eminent Member

Give UGa credit, they gave up 21 unanswered runs at one point yesterday and still found a way to fight back and steal a game to avoid the sweep.

Posted : 28/04/2024 1:07 pm

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: