(@FSU Baseball Fan)
Topic starter

FSU is 18-0.
UF is 12-7.

FSU ranks #1 in hitting.
UF ranks #63 in hitting.

FSU ranks #4 in ERA.
UF ranks #135 in ERA.

FSU beat UF on their own field in a game that really wasn't close.

UF went 2-2 this past week, all at home, and you JUMPED them two spots.

And again, 18-0 vs 12-7! This shouldn't even be close.

I would love to hear your reasoning for all this @kendall-rogers.

Posted : 18/03/2024 10:52 am
(@grayson-mark)

When you take the Garnet & Gold glasses off, it’s pretty clear UF has played much stronger competition, is coming off a CWS final and has solid talent.  FSU hasn’t played much of a schedule yet and was awful last year.  The portal has changed FSU’s line up and if they keep winning they’ll keep rising in the polls.

Posted : 18/03/2024 11:17 am
(@Anonymous)

@grayson-mark Sorry but there's no universe that exists where a 12-7 team should be ranked higher than an 18-0 team that has better stats across the board AND BEAT THEM on their own field.

You bring up a weak schedule, but FSU is 4-0 in Q1 while UF is 2-4. UF has also lost not one, but TWO games vs Q4! Their team ERA is 5.71!

You want to rank teams based on their recruiting and how they did in previous seasons?

Posted : 18/03/2024 11:33 am
(@grayson-mark)

Keep winning Seminoles a you’ll get the accolades you deserve.  But 56-0 still doesn’t guarantee an invite to the tourney 😉 

Posted : 18/03/2024 12:18 pm
(@Rklein)

The rationale for Florida to be ranked # 6 just doesn't make any sense.  They played St Johns and lost.  Swept North Florida and Columbia, lost to Stetson,  beat Bethune Cookman,  Split with Miami (2-1), lost to UCF,  split with St Mary's (2-1),  lost to FSU at home and split with Texas A&M (2-1) at home. It may be tougher than FSU's schedule but at the end of the day you have to win the games.  Florida does have solid talent but the argument that they made a CWS final last year should be somewhat irrelevant.  Shouldn't the rankings be based on current performance and not how you did last year.   

Posted : 18/03/2024 2:07 pm
(@bradley-mcdonald)

I'm not taking up for UF, because I once thought the same until I looked at the schedule... 19 games in, 12-7 record, with three games canceled or postponed (23 games scheduled)... Doubled in the middle of the week is hard. At Stetson on Tuesday, back to Gainesville on Wednesday vs Bethune-Cookman, loading up for Miami, back to Gainesville for a Tuesday FAU that was rescheduled, Wednesday the 6th vs UCF with a well coached St Mary's coming in on Friday... You better have your rotation ready, and everyone needs to be healthy, because that's a lot of logistics...  FSU is good, no doubt... But to me, I see Florida getting ready for May in March.

Posted : 18/03/2024 10:59 pm
(@kendall-rogers)

FSU is 18-0.
UF is 12-7.

FSU ranks #1 in hitting.
UF ranks #63 in hitting.

FSU ranks #4 in ERA.
UF ranks #135 in ERA.

FSU beat UF on their own field in a game that really wasn't close.

UF went 2-2 this past week, all at home, and you JUMPED them two spots.

And again, 18-0 vs 12-7! This shouldn't even be close.

I would love to hear your reasoning for all this @kendall-rogers.

Go compare the competition and results Florida has on the weekend vs. Florida State this juncture. One team's marquee win is a singular midweek win over the other -- meanwhile, yes, the Gators have a loss to FSU in the midweek, but UF also has series wins @ Miami and at home against a very good A&M team.

The one easy way that Florida State can X out that talking point is by taking care of business against Clemson this weekend. That would obviously qualify as playing an elite opponent.

Here also is a daily reminder that weekend series wins are ultimately what matters in college baseball -- midweek games are nice and all, but it's the appetizer for the main course. 

Posted : 19/03/2024 9:55 am
(@FSU Baseball Fan)
Topic starter

What exactly do you mean by "taking care of business against Clemson"? You're saying FSU has to win a road series against the #1 team in the RPI in order to gain your respect? 18-0 isn't enough? Having the uber rare top 10 trifecta of #1 in hitting, #4 in ERA, and #7 in fielding isn't good enough?

I did check UF's scheduled to this point, it's not all that impressive, outside of Texas A&M which was a home series for UF. Miami is 11-8! That's supposed to be impressive? St. Mary's? Columbia? St. John's?

Question- What would it take for you to remove your preseason bias and drop UF out of the top 25? What kind of record would they have to stumble to? 19-15? Because it seems to me that you're going to allow them to lose every midweek game as long as they win 1 or 2 weekend games. They're 12-7 now and you have them #6! That is absolutely absurd. With a 5.71 team ERA no less. Are they still in your top 25 if they fall to 19-15 or 25-22? I'm guessing probably so, because they went to the CWS last year and you're enamored with their recruiting..

Posted : 19/03/2024 10:38 am
(@kendall-rogers)

What exactly do you mean by "taking care of business against Clemson"? You're saying FSU has to win a road series against the #1 team in the RPI in order to gain your respect? 18-0 isn't enough? Having the uber rare top 10 trifecta of #1 in hitting, #4 in ERA, and #7 in fielding isn't good enough?

I did check UF's scheduled to this point, it's not all that impressive, outside of Texas A&M which was a home series for UF. Miami is 11-8! That's supposed to be impressive? St. Mary's? Columbia? St. John's?

Question- What would it take for you to remove your preseason bias and drop UF out of the top 25? What kind of record would they have to stumble to? 19-15? Because it seems to me that you're going to allow them to lose every midweek game as long as they win 1 or 2 weekend games. They're 12-7 now and you have them #6! That is absolutely absurd. With a 5.71 team ERA no less. Are they still in your top 25 if they fall to 19-15 or 25-22? I'm guessing probably so, because they went to the CWS last year and you're enamored with their recruiting..

Not trying to be mean, but please do some research on this before you start peppering me with comments and questions. Yes, for FSU to continue moving up, it absolutely would need to a win a series like Clemson - just like any other ranked team needs to beat SOMEONE of consequence on the weekend. Win that series and FSU is probably going way up from where it is even right now.

You pinpoint Miami as "not impressive", but go look at what Miami -- again -- has done on the weekend at home. Two series wins over Virginia and North Carolina (both ranked ACC teams). Has Miami struggled in midweek games? Is Miami really solid on the weekend? Absolutely. 

Tell you what -- is Florida loses every midweek game but wins every single SEC series, it won't go anywhere. But again, the chances of both of those things occurring are about 1 in a million. 

Posted : 19/03/2024 12:30 pm
(@Anonymous)

So if UF loses every midweek game but takes 2 of 3 every weekend series, they'd end the regular season 34-20. You would put a 20-loss team (before postseason) at #6?

Posted : 19/03/2024 1:27 pm
(@kendall-rogers)

So if UF loses every midweek game but takes 2 of 3 every weekend series, they'd end the regular season 34-20. You would put a 20-loss team (before postseason) at #6?

I mean, that's possibly the rarest of all circumstances, but yes. You do realize that if Florida won EVERY SEC series, it would have a top five RPI and be a slam dunk top five national seed, right?

Posted : 19/03/2024 2:13 pm
(@Anonymous)

UF just lost at home to previously RPI 225 Jacksonville who was winless on the road coming in. This is the gators' third Q4 loss of the year, but I guess it doesn't count.

UF is now 12-8, while the FSU team who beat them is 19-0 after tonight's win over a Stetson team who beat the gators earlier in the season .

FSU, in addition to having the edge in pretty much every imaginable category, also now has a 2-0 common opponent record whereas UF is 0-2.

Sorry, but there's no universe that exists where UF should be ranked higher than FSU right now. Your rankings are a joke and betrays ridiculous preseason bias and are not grounded in reality. It's a shame because you have a big voice in this sport and usually put out excellent work. It is absurd you can be this stubborn with your rankings. What happens on the field should matter. I'm hoping you come to your senses soon and actually look at how these teams are playing and rank them accordingly and fairly.

Posted : 19/03/2024 9:47 pm
(@RobsterMobster)

To be fair, and I don't mean this as a negative, I do agree D1 has some natural bias going on and are usually the last to admit if/when they are wrong, but in the end it doesn't really matter right now. Preseason and early season polls are irrelevant. By the end of the season it usually works itself out. I do agree with @kendall-rogers that weekend games should matter much more. I honestly wish the RPI reflected that in their Quad system to be honest.

I'm a Nebraska fan and feel we deserve to be in the Top 25. I know if we were in Florida's spot last year, and everything else was equal this year, we would be ranked in the top 10 right now with our RPI and even DSR that came out yesterday. I also know it doesn't really matter as Nebraska controls their own destiny and just need to win and it will take care of itself before years end. I'm ok with the natural skepticism to want to rank them too fast. Even though we have only played 1 Quad 4 team in total which was last night against Omaha and won easily. 

Enjoy the ride, let the ride happen, and it will be fine. Or, they will get swept this weekend and your post will be moot. FSU will play enough talent to make a move at a top 8 seed very easily if they keep winning. Nebraska has to be almost perfect just to get close to top 8 seed due to playing in a traditionally weaker conference than the SEC and ACC.

Posted : 20/03/2024 11:07 am
Grayson Mark reacted
(@Anonymous)

I respect Kendall and he makes fair points about weekend series but how can anyone overlook 9 losses, many against lower level teams? And what does last season have to do with this season? Florida State has a completely overhauled roster and Florida lost some key players including Wyatt Langford who is going to make a MLB roster. Using last year’s results as justification or even a factor for ranking UF so high is nonsense and irrelevant IMO. Plus, top ten teams don’t consistently lose mid week games against inferior teams. Florida has several terrible losses.  Gator fans are grumbling while D1BB continues to sing their praises. 

Posted : 20/03/2024 1:20 pm
(@grayson-mark)

Remember when Seminole fans were crying about the treatment of their undefeated baseball team?  Oh, and even more upset about the gators high ranking….good times, goooood times LoL  

Posted : 24/03/2024 8:09 pm
 Jim
(@Jim)

Question answered.

Posted : 25/03/2024 10:50 am
(@Anonymous)

Posted by: @grayson-mark

Remember when Seminole fans were crying about the treatment of their undefeated baseball team?  Oh, and even more upset about the gators high ranking….good times, goooood times LoL  

Hey Mark, sorry about your Gators getting destroyed once again by FSU tonight. FSU is 20-0 vs everyone NOT #1 in the RPI.

UF is 14-10 lol.

Posted : 26/03/2024 9:53 pm
(@grayson-mark)

Has to feel good Anonymous!  1st time Noles take the series since 2015.  Mid week games though, fun but don’t really paint the full picture.  Gates have won weekend series @ Miami, Texas A&M & @ LSU.  Noles swept at Clemson, the only weekend team they’ve played with a pulse.  Stated before, keep winning Noles and you’ll get what’s deserved.  

Posted : 27/03/2024 11:04 am
(@ricke49)

At this point, I'd like to know if UF is going to finish the season above .500 ?

Posted : 08/04/2024 12:36 am
 Mike
(@Mike)

How many games does Florida have to lose to convince folks they don't even belong in the top 25? Can't wait to see the arguments after getting swept this weekend by an unranked team. 17-14... 

Posted : 08/04/2024 3:45 am
(@Anonymous)

UF just got annihilated by FSU 19-4. FSU sweeps the series by a combined score of.... wait for it......

45-15!!!!

FORTY FIVE runs allowed in three games, and two of them were shortened because they were run ruled.

Kendall Rogers, are you finally willing to admit you were dead wrong about this UF team?

Posted : 10/04/2024 12:01 am
(@purple4life)

Charlie Murphy Laugh GIFs | Tenor

Posted : 10/04/2024 9:04 am
(@kendall-rogers)

Charlieeeee Murphhhhy

Posted : 10/04/2024 10:24 pm
(@Anonymous)

I was told Kendall has a 17-16 team still ranked in his top 25. Anyone know who that is?

Posted : 12/04/2024 9:48 pm
(@Anonymous)

It’s pathetic. Dude has to let go of UF. They have no business being a ranked team.

Posted : 13/04/2024 8:46 am
Page 1 / 2

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: