33 Posts
4 Users
7 Likes
(@kendall-rogers)
Topic starter

You tried hard... I commend that! 

Posted : 27/03/2024 1:35 pm
(@That Gator Fan)

@kendall-rogers I was letting this go as we weren't getting anywhere, but I have to respond to this.  I have followed Ethridge since the SEBaseball days on rivals.  Followed you when you were on yahoo.  Listened to Roons many times on the Sirius/XM baseball show.  Subscribe to y'alls channel on youtube.  I was an early subscriber here and encouraged others to do so as I saw this site as the college baseball writer's version of the 'dream team'.  So, I am well aware of what content you put out.  When I won the bracket contest a few years back I asked Chris Genaro if I could meet you guys in Omaha to properly shake your hand and thank you, specifically asking for you because I like your writing the best (along with Ethridge's analytics) the most of the guys here, but you were too busy.  When you made the decision to split SEC coverage off, I felt like there were too many things that were relevant to my interests that I was missing so I moved over to SEC only this year.  Painting me as some clown that has no idea of what y'all do and is just a freeloading non subscriber is very much inaccurate (and it still didn't populate any user info this time).

Posted : 27/03/2024 2:01 pm
(@RobsterMobster)

Message Boarders are the worst. It is always a good idea in theory then everyone gets mad when their team isn't ranked 1st overall as if it matters at all right now. FSU fans are a tad quiet this week after getting swept by Clemson after complaining all last week. haha But hey, they can beat Florida's 4th best starter I suppose. 

As a Husker fan I don't think you all realize what an underrated ranking truly is outside of the South, but in the end I could care less as I know if they keep winning it will take care of itself. If they don't then I don't plan to eat crow. I would love the day I can be mad about my team being ranked 3rd instead of 1st though. haha

Posted : 27/03/2024 2:06 pm
(@kendall-rogers)
Topic starter

Sorry man - when you start your previous post with that plus make your username a personal attack, that's kind of the response you're going to get. 

With that said, let's turn the page. I was unaware anyone was trying to meet us, so my bad on that. As for the SEC coverage, we actually have no taken any SEC coverage we used to do and split it off onto the SEC package. What we've done is added much more SEC coverage and made that a separate package. That allows Mark and Joe to kick ass doing that job, while also going to as many games as possible. 

Anyway, if you want, email me your username info and i'll have our tech team take a look at everything. Thanks amigo -- [email protected]

Posted : 27/03/2024 10:51 pm
(@Anonymous)

Message Boarders are the worst. It is always a good idea in theory then everyone gets mad when their team isn't ranked 1st overall as if it matters at all right now. FSU fans are a tad quiet this week after getting swept by Clemson after complaining all last week. haha But hey, they can beat Florida's 4th best starter I suppose. 

As a Husker fan I don't think you all realize what an underrated ranking truly is outside of the South, but in the end I could care less as I know if they keep winning it will take care of itself. If they don't then I don't plan to eat crow. I would love the day I can be mad about my team being ranked 3rd instead of 1st though. haha

As a diehard fan of another "northern" team I 100% agree with this post, especially the 2nd paragraph.

Posted : 28/03/2024 9:53 am
(@bradley-mcdonald)

The volatility of rankings will begin to dissipate as we go into conference play. Some crazy things happen though. Last year KY makes it into the top 10, has a grueling schedule with nearly all top 10 teams at the end of season play, but dropped in the rankings... But I get it, there is a subjective element. I wasn't high on Vandy early, but when I watch them play, like Clemson, they seem to have another gear... Additionally, as conference play is in full swing, the SBC will beat up on each other. Hopefully a snap shot was taken at the start of conference play, because I think this conference is really solid seven deep, and really good through 10. Regardless of the rankings, SEC finishing 7th or less in conference should be concerned. Again, being subjective (my eye), if So Car., Miss St,. KY, Auburn played in the Subelt, I am not sure they finish in the top three. A lot of good talent outside of the SEC, ACC.

Posted : 28/03/2024 4:18 pm
(@Anonymous)

Posted by: @bradley-mcdonald

Again, being subjective (my eye), if So Car., Miss St,. KY, Auburn played in the Subelt, I am not sure they finish in the top three. A lot of good talent outside of the SEC, ACC.

The Sun Belt is a fine conference (better than PAC and Big Ten for instance), but those four teams you mentioned would run the SBc completely.

Posted : 28/03/2024 5:20 pm
(@Anonymous)

Bruise  

Posted : 15/04/2024 1:06 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: