Notifications
Clear all

Latest D1Baseball Top 25 Discussion Thread

33 Posts
4 Users
7 Likes
(@kendall-rogers)
(@David)

Clemson at #3 is huge disrespect. Arky lost to 15-8 auburn, going 2-1. Clemson went 5-0 while giving fsu losses 1,2, and 3. 
this poll is a joke. 

Posted : 25/03/2024 9:21 am
(@kendall-rogers)
Topic starter

1) Oregon State swept a series

2) Arkansas won a conference road series and has the best pitching staff in college baseball.

I don't think there's a wrong answer with the top three, but saying it's a 'joke' is just showing lack of knowledge. 

Posted : 25/03/2024 9:53 am
(@campo118)

Good job as always fellas. Cajuns look to have turned a corner with all the new guys. They are throwing strikes now which is a huge relief, because their stuff has been nearly unhittable for most of the year, but we’ve given up far too many free passes while the offense was struggling to get going. Now the offense has broken out too… keep an eye on my boys

Posted : 25/03/2024 10:02 am
(@Anonymous)

Morning Kendall and others.

Have the voters on this poll ever been revealed? The poll indicates the "d1 staff & national writers". Who are the "national writers"? There seems to be so much bias in this poll and imo (not worth a penny) I think most of us would like the list of writers published to calm the conspiracy of "national writers" only being within the acc & sec regions.

Can/Will D1 publish the list of voting writers?

Posted : 25/03/2024 10:03 am
 Jj
(@Jj)

Well done poll..the Clemson crybaby not withstanding

Posted : 25/03/2024 10:05 am
 Jj
(@Jj)

You are clearly not knowledgeable about this poll..this poll is the most important poll in all of college baseball.. Gaining knowledge is fun my friend

Posted : 25/03/2024 10:08 am
 Da
(@Da)

People: Yelling about FSU not being high enough.  

FSU bullpen: Hold my beer

Posted : 25/03/2024 10:14 am
(@Anonymous)

😂😂😂👍🍻

Posted : 25/03/2024 10:31 am
(@Sully\'s Biceps)

1)  Send no writers to a national championship rematch, #4 vs #6 at the time.

2)  Your own czar KP says during the broadcast that clearly the three best teams in the league are Arky, A&M, and UT, completely leaving out the two teams playing

3)  Florida takes the series on the road....in one of the most notoriously difficult places to play in the country...and they do not move in your poll, getting jumped by a team that they have already beaten

I get that you may not think either of those two clubs are very good right now....they'll both look a lot different 2 months from now....but if you do not believe in them enough to give credit for big wins, don't rank them there in the first place.  Y'all have said for years that IN YOUR POLL you value weekend results much more than weekday.  Yeah, Florida has more midweek losses than they should, but they have (arguably) the best two series wins in the country that should counter any midweek slipups.

Posted : 25/03/2024 10:37 am
 PIGS
(@PIGS)

I don't have much to pick apart here other than I'm surprised Florida didn't move up any.  I don't think there are going to many teams this year that take a series in Baton Rouge this year.  I'm glad we have them in Fayetteville this year.  Its going to be a packed baum walker this weekend.  

Posted : 25/03/2024 11:05 am
(@Darrell KSR)

I'm guessing the knock against Kentucky is the weekend series loss at home to Kennesaw State, AND that Georgia and Missouri were the two weakest teams in the SEC to begin conference play, or at least Missouri and Georgia not super strong. But just surprised Kentucky isn't getting more discussion. Metrics are good, record is tied with Arkansas (and the only two SEC teams to win a road series, albeit against the worst team in the SEC). Would a 1-2 mark in Oxford this weekend (and a win tomorrow) get UK in the top 25, or do they need to at least win that series?

Posted : 25/03/2024 2:27 pm
(@Darrell KSR)

Sorry for my confusion; I must have been looking at last week's Poll before today's came out. Kentucky is in at # 24, which seems appropriate. My apologies.

Posted : 25/03/2024 4:04 pm
(@Anonymous)

UF won a more impressive road series..fyi

Posted : 25/03/2024 6:43 pm
(@Craig)

Georgia swept Alabama easily and can’t break the top 25? Come on man!!

Posted : 25/03/2024 7:47 pm
(@kendall-rogers)
Topic starter

Our staff has seen Florida and LSU multiple times. We had no reason to send them back to Baton Rouge this past weekend for us to see the same teams for a 5th and 6th times already this season. 

As for the rankings, you're very lucky Florida hasn't been penalized for having no pitching depth beyond the weekend. Obviously the Gators are very good on the weekend (hence the incredibly high ranking), but it's a team, that as of right now, has no reliable arms outside of the weekend guys. I think that'll change -- but for now, that's the situation. 

Posted : 25/03/2024 9:29 pm
(@kendall-rogers)
Topic starter

Don't give up three touchdowns to Kentucky two weekends ago and Georgia is ranked. The Bulldogs control their own destiny this week with a series against Tennessee. It's right there for them.

Posted : 25/03/2024 9:29 pm
(@kendall-rogers)
Topic starter

First of all, it's funny that you post this with an Anonymous name. Feel free to private message me if you have any further questions.

Second, the voting staff includes Aaron, Joe, Roons and nyself. Aaron lives in North Carolina, Joe and Aaron live in the Triangle in NC and I live in Texas. So, guys from all over the country.

Also, I've been covering college baseball since about 2000 -- Aaron has been since about 2004 and Roons is a former coach. I kinda think we have an idea of what we're talking about. Just a hunch. 

Posted : 25/03/2024 9:31 pm
millejas reacted
(@Anonymous)

Kendall what does Auburn have to do to be ranked again? I thought we did pretty good against a monster Arkansas team

Posted : 25/03/2024 11:46 pm
(@Anonymous)

@kendall-rogers ok man.  No reason at all to have boots on the ground for Florida-LSU.  Gotcha.

Posted : 26/03/2024 9:54 am
(@kendall-rogers)
Topic starter

Auburn barely moved out this week. Win the A&M series on the road and the Tigers will have a decent shot of reentering.

And as for the other person hiding behind an Anonymous name -- yes, that's exactly right. We have 300 teams to cover on a weekly basis and we have about 6 or 7 staffers. Getting to every single venue each week is simply not going to happen, and doesn't happen in any other sport as well. 

I have a sneaking suspicion that we will cover UF and LSU more than enough this year.

Posted : 26/03/2024 11:59 am
TLilley22 and millejas reacted
(@Kendall is not always right)

@kendall-rogers Not hiding, sir.  One would think that if you are signed in to the site that it would populate the user's information when they reply to a post like any other message board, but apparently not.  I suppose there is a reason that the message boards are on again/off again here.  

Believe it or not, I understand that you can't be at every series.  However, any reasonable person would pick UF-LSU as one of the top 5 series taking place this year, and many would call it the premiere matchup.  One would think there are certain matchups that that y'all would circle in ink and then work out from there to get proper coverage for all of your subscriber's teams.  I really don't know why you are dying on this hill.

Then again, what do I know.  I'm sure your subscribers are on pins and needles awaiting in depth analysis of that Belmont-Murray State matchup this weekend.  Have a nice day sir.

casey perryman
5530 Ligustrum Loop
oviedo, FL 32765

Posted : 26/03/2024 5:13 pm
millejas reacted
(@Anonymous)

1)  Send no writers to a national championship rematch, #4 vs #6 at the time.

2)  Your own czar KP says during the broadcast that clearly the three best teams in the league are Arky, A&M, and UT, completely leaving out the two teams playing

3)  Florida takes the series on the road....in one of the most notoriously difficult places to play in the country...and they do not move in your poll, getting jumped by a team that they have already beaten

I get that you may not think either of those two clubs are very good right now....they'll both look a lot different 2 months from now....but if you do not believe in them enough to give credit for big wins, don't rank them there in the first place.  Y'all have said for years that IN YOUR POLL you value weekend results much more than weekday.  Yeah, Florida has more midweek losses than they should, but they have (arguably) the best two series wins in the country that should counter any midweek slipups.

Let me make sure I have this right. You're upset that UF, with a 14-10 record, didn't move up from their already ridiculously inflated #6 ranking? And you're also upset that they're ranked behind a team they beat once, when they're 11 spots ahead of FSU who is 20-3 and clobbered the Gators in both meetings?

Posted : 26/03/2024 11:43 pm
(@kendall-rogers)
Topic starter

You clearly don't read anything we write if you think we've been spending our time not covering the premier teams. Hell, if anything, people complain we cover those teams like Florida and LSU too much. 

Also, since you are not a subscriber, your information doesn't automatically populate.

Tell you what -- since you seem to think we don't cover anything well, I'll give you 40% off for a year. Don't like it after two weeks and I'll happily give you your money back. I think you'll be a little surprised by the amount of work we do around here my friend.

All good amigo. 😉 

Posted : 27/03/2024 12:26 am
(@Anonymous)

Posted by: @kendall-rogers

You clearly don't read anything we write if you think we've been spending our time not covering the premier teams. Hell, if anything, people complain we cover those teams like Florida and LSU too much. 

Also, since you are not a subscriber, your information doesn't automatically populate.

Tell you what -- since you seem to think we don't cover anything well, I'll give you 40% off for a year. Don't like it after two weeks and I'll happily give you your money back. I think you'll be a little surprised by the amount of work we do around here my friend.

All good amigo. 😉 

@kendall-rogers : Let me fix the mistake for you Kendall as it should read: "I think you'll be a little surprised by the amount of work we do around here to push the SEC bias my friend." No need to thank me, everyone outside of the SEC knows full well what you meant.

Posted : 27/03/2024 12:17 pm
Page 1 / 2

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: