Notifications
Clear all

Kendall’s Korner: Near flawless fall workouts set tone for Texas A&M’s rise atop rankings

2 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@slmnsam1)
Topic starter

I enjoyed this article, Kendall!  There is no question that there are a lot of pieces that have come together, but I think it's a good example of how all of college baseball must prepare and put the various pieces together each year.  You probably won't know all the answers, but you still have to have pieces to work with.  Jim Schlossnagle has done an outstanding job of compiling a great staff, Max Weiner being the latest addition (a major upgrade over Yeskie, who knew?) and used both the HS and Portal to provide these pieces.  Nolan Cain deserves a lot of this credit too as he's a tireless Recruiting Coordinator that has unlocked the code to doing all of this.

This topic was modified 3 weeks ago by slmnsam1

Posted : 17/04/2024 11:53 am
(@kitag01)

After A&M scored a program record 36 runs in their SEC series against Vandy this past weekend, I went to D1's list of top 100 hitters of the weekend, looking for names like Grahovac, Montgomery and LaViolette which have been among those mentioned in recent weeks.  When none of those names (or any other Aggies for that matter) were seen on the list, I immediately felt a rush of confidence in this team that I haven't had in teams from the past.  This is a total team effort, as mentioned in Kendall's article.  There are no players in this lineup you can pitch around to get to the next hitter; instead, every hitter is primed and ready to patiently make a pitcher pay for their next mistake.  So fun to watch and from a fan's perspective, the team chemistry seems to be at an all-time high with this club.

Posted : 17/04/2024 12:32 pm
Sean Miller and slmnsam1 reacted

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: