Notifications
Clear all

D1Baseball's Midseason Field of 64 Projections (Discussion Thread)

18 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@kendall-rogers)
Topic starter

Here we go! 

Thoughts? 

https://d1baseball.com/columns/2024-midseason-field-of-64-projections/

Posted : 03/04/2024 2:23 pm
(@kevin-s-mcgoverngmail-com)

So A&M earns an overall #3 national rank then gets its biggest rival as a 3 in the regional. This is laughable and will not happen. UCF sure earned a nice regional for having a #16 overall rank.

Posted : 03/04/2024 3:55 pm
(@kendall-rogers)
Topic starter

@kevin-s-mcgoverngmail-com 

You do realize this is the last year Texas and A&M can play in a regional, right? If the opportunity presents itself, there's a 99.9% chance Texas and A&M are paired up. Also, I think your idea of Texas being good is a lot higher than mine... 

Posted : 03/04/2024 4:44 pm
 k9
(@k9_r)

I don't know. I just don't think it should be called Nerdcast. Maybe it's ok to think of yourselves as baseball nerds but the look just doesn't fit. We all know what a nerd looks like and this really isn't that.

Fitts looks like he bunts for singles and runs the bases like the wind. KR's look is everyman's center fielder who chases down everything and makes pitchers sweat when at the plate.

And Etheridge? C'mon, you've never seen that big blonde, friendly face mid reliever who's mostly just happy to be on the team?

Besides, nerds know how to size a spreadsheet on a split screen so the viewers can read it. No, you guys aren't nerds you are jocks or at least you look the part so, yeah, just own it.

End of rant.

Posted : 03/04/2024 5:36 pm
(@jeff-ferrell)

Posted by: @kendall-rogers

Here we go! 

Thoughts? 

Posted : 03/04/2024 8:56 pm
(@jeff-ferrell)

Here we go! 

Thoughts? 

Posted : 03/04/2024 8:58 pm
(@jeff-ferrell)

Posted by: @jeff-ferrell

Here we go! 

Thoughts? 

Posted : 03/04/2024 9:00 pm
(@jimbo11)

D1 BB usually nails the host sites. Hard to argue with their track record.  
Hw does FSU be a top 8 seed while Gators are ranked higher but are a #12 seed? 
im sure there’s a good answer. Please share. 
Jimbo11

Posted : 03/04/2024 10:15 pm
(@Dylan)

Is there somewhere we can see the quadrant data you guys were referencing on the pod? The team pages on the site still show the old 1-25, 26-50, etc breakdown 

Posted : 03/04/2024 10:37 pm
 Bill
(@Bill)

Nebraska as a host is laughable! Sure they have a strong RPI but that will get worse as they beat up on the bad Big 10 teams. Plus, they haven't beaten anyone of note. I fully expect them to make the tournament but hosting is not likely.

Posted : 03/04/2024 11:05 pm
 k9
(@k9_r)

Nebraska as a host is laughable! Sure they have a strong RPI but that will get worse as they beat up on the bad Big 10 teams. Plus, they haven't beaten anyone of note. I fully expect them to make the tournament but hosting is not likely.

We won't know if it's laughable until later in the season but Nebraska is not exactly an uncommon host pick at this time. Here's a list of recent committee host picks. Some of these teams didn't get out of their own regional some did.

2023 - Coastal Carolina, 10 seed. Indiana St, 14 seed.

2022 - East Carolina, 8 seed. Southern Miss, 11 seed. Ga Southern 16 seed.

2021 - Old Dominion, 11 seed. East Carolina, 13 seed. La Tech, 16 seed.

Each of those teams had similar records and similar looking schedules as does Nebraska right now.

And adding that when Nebraska finishes their Big Ten schedule they will pick up another 10-15+ Q1 and Q2 games.

Let's play the games and find out. Did I mention that Big Ten team Maryland also hosted during that period?

Posted : 04/04/2024 2:35 pm
(@walley1078)

I guess my only beef is UNC over OSU.  OSU has lost one series all year. UNC has lost two.  Until and if Beavs lose another I'm not sure they deserve to be above them.

Posted : 04/04/2024 3:04 pm
(@kendall-rogers)
Topic starter

@k9_r I've never been told I have a center fielder profile.... thanks for that LOL. I'll have to tell my wife that.

Posted : 04/04/2024 4:12 pm
(@kendall-rogers)
Topic starter

We will have the new quad data updated on the site soon. It's kind of confusing.

Posted : 04/04/2024 4:12 pm
(@kendall-rogers)
Topic starter

Not remotely laughable. If the RPI stays within range, it's Indiana State from last year all over again. Remember, the committee specifically stated on numerous occasions last year about schedule INTENT. Nebraska's SOS and overall schedule intent is very very good. We will see if it holds up. I do agree the margin for error is very small.

Posted : 04/04/2024 4:14 pm
(@Anonymous)

Here we go! 

Thoughts? 

https://d1baseball.com/columns/2024-midseason-field-of-64-projections

Stillwater Regional

Posted : 10/04/2024 1:43 pm
(@FrankBlula)

In the process of choosing deck furniture for mountain living, a wise balance between durability and design is essential. Giving priority to materials and that can stand up to the challenging mountain weather conditions is important to make sure that your furniture for outdoors lasts over time. Explore the realm of different styles of furniture, ranging from rustic to contemporary, to curate an outdoor space that perfectly enhances the intrinsic beauty of nature of the mountains. Take part in a vibrant sharing of individual anecdotes with specific furniture types, providing valuable insights into their performance over diverse seasons and offering tips for upkeep garnered through personal encounters. This shared conversation serves as an invaluable tool for forum members, giving power to them to take knowledgeable decisions when choosing furniture for their alpine decks. By considering both the practical aspects and visual allure of the chosen pieces, people can craft spaces outdoors that not only withstand the challenges of mountain living but also enhance the overall appeal of their alpine decks.

[URL= https://fortcollinsdecks.com/recent-projects/ ]Fort Collins deck remodeling[/url]

Posted : 26/04/2024 7:06 am
Sean Miller
(@sean-miller)
Eminent Member

Thanks! I was just sitting here perusing baseball scores this morning and thinking, "what is the right deck furniture aesthetic for my little mountain cabin.". Now I know I can go traditional rustic or be bold and contemporary!

Posted : 28/04/2024 1:22 pm

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: