Notifications
Clear all

Playoff Baseball

6 Posts
5 Users
2 Likes
(@cavuscottgmail-com)
Topic starter

The games are feeling different!  The vibes from the teams across the country feel like playoff baseball.  Soft bubble year, hosting implications on the line, RPI watch has begun, there's lots of factors but man oh man is this fun! The boys on the field are leaning in folks and the time for transfer portal talk, NIL talk, rules changes, and who got married are out the window.    The teams in the booth are rounding into form, the pods are on point, predictions are TOUGH, concessions are making money, and it all lends itself to the vibe of every game counts from here on out.  Get it boys!

- TROY is playing to prove it. UCONN is on a heater.  E.CAROLINA heater. LAMAR is pointing to the middle of the ring. SANDIEGO is rolling. PURDUE wants a piece.  MICHIGAN is on one.  NM is 7 for their last 9. OREGON/OR.ST. felt like a fist fight.  IRVINE is playing for keeps. The list goes on and on.

- On the flipside, it's tight city for teams that are trying to hold on to a spot.  CLEMSON only gets a 2 spot this week.... yeah, I know.... it's Clemson.... but they have a remaining schedule that can beat them every single night - just ask KENTUCKY how that feels right now.  LOUISIANA was red hot for 7 weeks and is 4 of their last 8,  FRESNO has coughed up 7 of 9.  DUKE with a 1win week.  COASTAL goes 0-5.  KSTATE has only put up 8 W's in the last month. TEXTECH skinned their knee this week.  Every one of these teams are legit and we all know it, but they are playing teams that are not going to go quietly.  Every team is in for a battle every single night the rest of the way and we can absolutely feel it coming through the TV.  Everywhere you look around the country are teams that have the fight in them and want you to see it.... the entire Ohio Valley is within 5 games of the lead. FIVE.  Say what you want about the OVC, but the boys are in it.  The weather is warm, the pressure cooker is on and IT. IS. AWESOME!!!

Posted : 29/04/2024 8:56 pm
Michael and k9 reacted
 k9
(@k9_r)

Posted by: @cavuscottgmail-com

The games are feeling different!  The vibes from the teams across the country feel like playoff baseball.  Soft bubble year, hosting implications on the line, RPI watch has begun, there's lots of factors but man oh man is this fun! The boys on the field are leaning in folks and the time for transfer portal talk, NIL talk, rules changes, and who got married are out the window.    The teams in the booth are rounding into form, the pods are on point, predictions are TOUGH, concessions are making money, and it all lends itself to the vibe of every game counts from here on out.  Get it boys!

- TROY is playing to prove it. UCONN is on a heater.  E.CAROLINA heater. LAMAR is pointing to the middle of the ring. SANDIEGO is rolling. PURDUE wants a piece.  MICHIGAN is on one.  NM is 7 for their last 9. OREGON/OR.ST. felt like a fist fight.  IRVINE is playing for keeps. The list goes on and on.

- On the flipside, it's tight city for teams that are trying to hold on to a spot.  CLEMSON only gets a 2 spot this week.... yeah, I know.... it's Clemson.... but they have a remaining schedule that can beat them every single night - just ask KENTUCKY how that feels right now.  LOUISIANA was red hot for 7 weeks and is 4 of their last 8,  FRESNO has coughed up 7 of 9.  DUKE with a 1win week.  COASTAL goes 0-5.  KSTATE has only put up 8 W's in the last month. TEXTECH skinned their knee this week.  Every one of these teams are legit and we all know it, but they are playing teams that are not going to go quietly.  Every team is in for a battle every single night the rest of the way and we can absolutely feel it coming through the TV.  Everywhere you look around the country are teams that have the fight in them and want you to see it.... the entire Ohio Valley is within 5 games of the lead. FIVE.  Say what you want about the OVC, but the boys are in it.  The weather is warm, the pressure cooker is on and IT. IS. AWESOME!!!

Well said and IT. IS. AWESOME!!!

Posted : 30/04/2024 12:17 am
(@kendall-rogers)

I think we are in for a WILD postseason. The difference between No. 10 in the country and No. 35 right now is very very small. I do think the 4-5 teams at the top are very very good, however. 

Posted : 30/04/2024 8:59 am
(@cavuscottgmail-com)
Topic starter

You’re right. 100% agree on every point. 

Posted : 01/05/2024 11:31 pm
(@brett-nemeth)

I am a UCI fan so one could easily argue I am biased.

But, how can you rank a team like UCI 9th and not give them a host projection? 

I assume the contrarian would go based on what you expect their rpi to be at on selection day.  But, by going by rpi, a team in the Big West will almost never be able to host.

If they take care of it on the field, they deserve to host.

The other factor is they have overcome a ton of injuries and still have won.  Without throwing replacement players under the bus, at least a few of their losses were because of backups making errors.  And, we haven't even went to the pitching injuries.

If you are not including UCI as a host, Aren't you contributing to the biased NCAA Selection Committee.  I believe D1 baseball has a significant amount of input on what should be done.

Please be part of the solution rather than validating the corrupt NCAA Selection Committee.

At minimum, put the Eaters on the road as a 1 seed in SEC/ACC country against a weak 4 seed.     

Posted : 02/05/2024 4:01 am
(@sean-miller)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @brett-nemeth

I am a UCI fan so one could easily argue I am biased.

But, how can you rank a team like UCI 9th and not give them a host projection? 

I assume the contrarian would go based on what you expect their rpi to be at on selection day.  But, by going by rpi, a team in the Big West will almost never be able to host.

To be fair, they're not putting out a list of who THEY think should host, they're putting together a list of who they think the selection committee will have hosting at the end of the year. 

Their rankings are based on their opinion of teams.  So if they've got Irvine at #9 that tells you what THEY think of the 'eaters.  But that West Coast RPI is a killer for sure.  Even playing the bigger PAC teams like UCLA is hurting this year, and Fullerton at +200 RPI!??  Wow.  UCSB  has done a better job on the RPI train to be honest.  But in last night's Nerdcast the D1 boys do, in fact have the Anteaters hosting.  That 10-3 Q1/Q2 record is really good for UCI.  They picked a good time to get hot and it shows in their jump to 20ish in the RPI.

I still believe there will be 2 west coast hosts, and with Arizona pooping the bed it's likely a Big West team.  Should be a fun race down the stretch between UCI and UCSB.

Posted : 02/05/2024 11:15 am
Share: